Saturday, March 3, 2012

Homemade Cleaning

So I haven't been on Pinterest as much as I used to be.  I may get a few minutes every couple of days to pin some things.  A while back I pinned a homemade stain remover.  It apparently is amazing.  I've been meaning to make it and try it for a couple months now and today I finally did! It's so simple.

2 parts hydrogen peroxide
1 part dawn dishwashing soap

I used it on one of Gabby's dresses.  She got chocolate on the white portion of it.  So I made the cleaner, poured some on the stain and let it sit for a while. It got it completely out!!!  I should have taken before and after pictures.  Here is the link to the blog I pinned it from: http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2011/11/goodbye-to-yellow-armpit-stains.html

The same blog also has a recipe for NO grate homemade laundry detergent.  I've pinned a couple different recipes but they require you to grate fels naptha soap and I'm just too lazy to do it.  When I saw this I had to try it, so I made a batch of this as well.

3 Tbs Borax
3 Tbs washing soda
2 Tbs Dawn

Put the ingredients in a gallon jug, pour in 4 cups of boiling water.  Swirl it around until the ingredients have dissolved.  Let it cool then fill the jug almost to the top with cold water.  The bubbles will flow out of the top of the jug.  We have an HE washer and dryer and this worked fine in ours.  It's still low suds from what I could tell.  I used it on a load of towels and they still smelled clean and looked that way too.  Here's the link to that post: http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/02/no-grate-homemade-laundry-soap.html?spref=fb.  She has a lot of awesome stuff on there.  Happy cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment